Thursday, August 3, 2017

I'll never forget...

You will keep on guiding me with Your counsel,

leading me to a glorious destiny.
Whom have I in heaven but You?
I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail,
and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
He is mine forever.
Psalm 73:24-26



I had been in a “restless period” for about 5 months.

Whenever I get this restless feeling in my spirit, usually that means a BIG change is coming.

For 5 months God was talking to me about all kinds of stuff through the different places I was reading in the Bible.

It didn't make any difference where I read, He spoke to me about something.

It was like I couldn't shut Him up!

Finally, one night I was home reading when He spoke to me inside my head & very definitely let me know what He wanted me to be & do.


The 5 months of restlessness came to an end.

Of course, I had the living out of what He was leading me to be & do, but, well, yeah, of course.

But at least I knew what was what.


The next morning I got up pretty excited about what God was going to say to me, since I had said yes to what I believe He had indicated for me to be & do.

I opened to Psalm 73.

The first 23 verses are about how sinful people seem to prosper.

I was not impressed.

Here I was, making a MAJOR direction change in my life, God's been talking my hind legs off in what I'm reading in the Bible, He speaks to me, I say yes, & the next morning the psalm is about how the wicked prosper?!


Then I got to verse 24...


Yeah, I felt pretty stupid...



I said all that to say this...



If we read the Bible, every day, without fail, God is gonna talk to us.

When we want or need Him to speak, He will – we just gotta be ready to hear whatever He has to say – it may not (more like usually!) not what we expect.


I'll never forget that morning reading those 3 verses in Psalm 73.

No comments: