Thursday, March 18, 2021

a few translations

John 16:33

 Here on earth you will have many trials & sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. (NLT, 1st ed.)


In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.] (Amplified)


 In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.] (Amplified Classic)


You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world.” (CSB)


In the world you have distress. But be encouraged! I have conquered the world.” (CEB)


While you are in the world, you will have to suffer. But cheer up! I have defeated the world. (CEV)


You have affliction in the world, but take-courage— I have overcome the world”. (DLNT)


In this world you will have troubles. But be brave! I have defeated the world!” (ERV)


In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” (ESV)


 In this world you will have ·trouble [persecution; suffering], but ·be brave [take courage/heart]! I have ·defeated [victory over; conquered; overcome] the world.” (EXB)


The world will make you suffer. But be brave! I have defeated the world!” (GNT)

In this world you will have trouble. But be brave! I have defeated the world!” (ICB)


You will find trouble in the world—but, never lose heart, I have conquered the world!” (J B Phillips)


 In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.” (The Message)


In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (NIV)


In the world you face persecution. But take courage; I have conquered the world!” (NRSV)


For in this unbelieving world you will experience trouble and sorrows, but you must be courageous, for I have conquered the world!” (TPT)


In this world, you will be plagued with times of trouble, but you need not fear; I have triumphed over this corrupt world order. (The Voice)


The world will trouble you much. But be glad. I have power over the world.' (WE)


No comments: