Saturday, May 8, 2021

picture this

Early, EARLY morning of December 23, 2009...

I get up for read the Bible & be holy...😄

At the time, I was going full throttle with tons of people coming to House of Grace at the Warehouse & a sweet group coming for a satellite service on Sunday morning...

These were the most halcyon days of my life...

In the sequential readings in various parts of the Bible, it was slated for me to read 1 Thessalonians 5...

And when I got to verse 18, I read this...


No matter what happens,

always be thankful,

for this is God's will

for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT, 1st ed.)


And that was the verse that God used to set off the restlessness in my spirit that is always a harbinger of change...

Little did I know that I would leave all that ministry & connection behind, move us to NE GA, & live the next 11 years clueless as to why & what to be or do...

And I'm still clueless...

I haven't always been thankful...

A lot of the time it's been difficult to just be civil with God...

Especially lately...

All I can do is just keep putting 1 foot in front of the other...

Some days (most days) that's about all I can muster...


In June, 2010, during my regular early morning Bible reading, God did speak to me thru this verse about being up here...


Jesus replied (to Peter)

You don't understand now what I'm doing;

someday you will.

John 13:7


And He also brought to my attention that day to these words...


Let us run the race with endurance the race God has set before us.

We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus

on whom our faith depends

from start to finish.

Hebrews 12:1c-2a


And so, I keep on...

What else is there for me to do but that...?

No comments: