Tuesday, January 25, 2022

3 passages

 I couldn't decide which of these passages to share in the chapters I read today, so I've included all 3.


Jesus said to the disciples,

"if any of you wants to be my follower,

you must put aside your selfish ambition,

shoulder your cross,

& follow me.

If you try to keep your life for yourself,

you will lost it.

But if you give up your life for me,

you will find it.

and how do you benefit if you gain the whole world

but lose your own soul in the process?

is anything worth more than your soul?

Matthew 16:24-26


Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

we do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus
on whom our faith depends from start to finish.
Hebrews 12:1c-2a


So take a new grip with your tired hands
& stand firm on your shaky legs.
Mark out a straight path for your feet.
Then those who follow you,
though they are weak & lame,
will not stumble & fall
but will become strong.
Hebrews 12:12-13

No comments: