Saturday, June 18, 2022

come

2 Passages - the first a translation, the second a paraphrase.


Matthew 11 

28 Then Jesus said, 

“Come to me, 

all of you who are weary 

and carry heavy burdens, 

and I will give you rest. 

29 Take my yoke upon you. 

Let me teach you, 

because I am humble 

and gentle at heart, 

and you will find rest for your souls. 

30 For my yoke is easy to bear, 

and the burden I give you is light.” (NLT)


Matthew 11

28-30 “Are you tired? 

Worn out? 

Burned out on religion? 

Come to me. 

Get away with me 

and you’ll recover your life. 

I’ll show you how to take a real rest. 

Walk with me 

and work with me;

watch how I do it. 

Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. 

I won’t lay anything heavy 

or ill-fitting 

on you. 

Keep company with me 

and you’ll learn to live freely 

and lightly.” (The Message)

No comments: