Wednesday, August 14, 2024

patient endurance

These 2 verses have echoes through my life since 5.7.2006...

(I know the date because I wrote in my Bible 😁)

I think they continue to echo in my life because God speaks through them to whatever need or challenge I have at the time.

In this edition of the New Living Translation, the translators have a habit of translating  using the phrase "no matter what happens".

Applying the "no matter what happens" has been a crucial reminder for me - iow, God pokes me in the eye about situations in my life over the years.


Hebrews 10 (NLT, first ed.)

35 Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord,

no matter what happens.

Remember the great reward it brings you!

36 Patient endurance is what you need now,

so you will continue to do God's will.

Then you will receive all that He has promised.

No comments: