Sunday, November 3, 2024

52

 Hmmmm... could this be prophetic for our present?


Psalm 52

(For the choir director: A psalm of David, regarding the time Doeg the Edomite told Saul, that Ahimelech had given refuge to David.)

1 Why do you boast about your crimes, great warrior?
    Don’t you realize God’s justice continues forever?
2 All day long you plot destruction.
    Your tongue cuts like a sharp razor;
    you’re an expert at telling lies.
3 You love evil more than good
    and lies more than truth. Interlude

4 You love to destroy others with your words,
    you liar!
5 But God will strike you down once and for all.
    He will pull you from your home
    and uproot you from the land of the living. Interlude

6 The righteous will see it and be amazed.
    They will laugh and say,
7 “Look what happens to mighty warriors
    who do not trust in God.
They trust their wealth instead
    and grow more and more bold in their wickedness.”

8 But I am like an olive tree, thriving in the house of God.
    I will always trust in God’s unfailing love.
9 I will praise you forever, O God,
    for what you have done.
I will trust in your good name
    in the presence of your faithful people.

No comments: