Friday, February 14, 2025

thorn

2 Corinthians 12 

1b I will reluctantly tell about visions and revelations from the Lord. 

2 I was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. 

Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows. 

3 Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. 

But I do know 4 that I was caught up to paradise 

and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, 

things no human is allowed to tell.

5 That experience is worth boasting about, but I’m not going to do it. I will boast only about my weaknesses. 6 If I wanted to boast, I would be no fool in doing so, because I would be telling the truth. But I won’t do it, because I don’t want anyone to give me credit beyond what they can see in my life or hear in my message, 7 even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 

9 Each time he said, 

“My grace is all you need. 

My power works best in weakness.” 

So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, 

so that the power of Christ can work through me. 

10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, 

and in the insults, 

hardships, 

persecutions, 

and troubles that I suffer for Christ. 

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments: