Thursday, October 23, 2008

right place @ the right time

Psalm 73: 24 You guide me with Your counsel,
leading me to a glorious destiny.
25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
I desire You more than anything on earth.
26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
He is mine forever.

When I look ahead at the direction my life seems to be taking, I can get weary thinking about it. But I have to remember that I'm not in this alone, that my life's direction is in God's hands & is His idea, & that He's gonna give me "strength for today, & bright hope for tomorrow."

This morning I'm feeling a little weary. I think it's amazing that God knew I would be & had me reading in Psalm 73, which is basically about how wicked people are gonna have a pretty rough time of it, but there's these few verses that come out of nowhere that express succor & support in such an intimate way.

Thank You, Father, for knowing where I'd be in my life on October 23, 2008, & that You'd have guided me to just the right scripture to give me hope. I love You so much. You really are a truly perfect Father.

No comments: