Friday, December 5, 2008

a few words from psalms

Psalm 118 - His love endures forever!
dan note: For some reason, the guy who wrote this kept saying this over & over. Hmmmmmmmm

vs 6 - The Lord is for me, so I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?
dan note: when we face something new, something different, or a new direction, we should remember this fact: if God's for me - phzztt - who's thinks they are so powerful that they can thwart God?

vs 8 - It is better to trust in the Lord than put confidence in people.
dan note: in the final analysis, the only One we can really depend on is God.

vs 9 - It is better to trust in the Lord than put confidence in princes.
dan note: I wonder if the author was really saying that we can't depend on people with power to always come through for us?

vs 25 - Please, Lord, save us.
Please, Lord, please give us success.
dan note: I don;t think there's a thing wrong with asking God for success. I'm sure asking for it with all the downtown stuff!

No comments: