Saturday, February 23, 2013

remembering

Joshua 3 is about how God made the flooding Jordan River part so the Jews could walk across on dry land.

Joshua 4 is about how they gathered up 12 LARGE rocks & built a memorial to their crossing.

Why would God want them to stack 12 BIG rocks by the side of the river?

He wanted them to remember the miracle He did so they could cross the river.

He wanted them to remember how He took care of them.



Maybe we need to do that?

No, I'm not talking about going around piling up rocks! ;-)

I'm talking about remembering.

Maybe when God does something for us, especially if it's significant, BIG, &/or miraculous, we should figure out a way to always remember that.

Why?

Because when we get in the thick of the next big problem, scary situation, or when we feel really lost & disconnected from God, we can remember that time He came through.

(That's what we really worry about - we don't doubt He can do something; we doubt He'll come through for us.)



Think about this today.

What can we do to help us remember?

I've been writing down in a journal the places I've read in the Bible that day. Sometimes I write in it the things I'm thinking, or the things that are going one in my life. It helps me to go back & read them sometimes.

I'm not suggesting we all start keeping a journal. It's just one way to remember that may work for some folks.

The important thing is for each of us to figure out a way to store away the miracles God pulls off in our lives on a right regular basis. Whatever method we choose to use is fine. We just need to figure out some way. It will help us when tough, scary, or confusing times come.

Think about it today.

No comments: