Thursday, April 11, 2013

4 passages

Here's what stood out this morning in the areas I read...



1 Samuel 2:9b
No one will succeed by strength alone.




Psalm 54:4 God is my helper.

     The Lord is the One Who keeps me alive.




Luke 5:27 Later, as Jesus left the town, he saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at his tax collector's booth.

 "Follow me and be my disciple," Jesus said to him.

28
 So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him.



  29 Later, Levi held a banquet in his home with Jesus as the guest of honor.

Many of Levi's fellow tax collectors and other guests also ate with them.

30
 But the Pharisees and their teachers of religious law complained bitterly to Jesus' disciples,

 "Why do you eat and drink with such scum?"



  31 Jesus answered them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor—sick people do.

32
 I have come to call not those who think they are righteous,

     but those who know they are sinners and need to repent."


(dan note: what would happen if we hung out w/ "such scum" & loved them w/ the love of Jesus?)



2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is all you need.

     My power works best in weakness."

So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

10
 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ.

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments: