Monday, April 1, 2013

just sayin'

Before we begin to think we're "all that & a bag of chips"...

before we think we're the ones who "make things happen...

before we think the lives, jobs, & glittering ministries we all are a part are due to our cleverness & personal holiness...

read these 5 verses from Psalm 44...

just sayin'...



Psalm 44

3 They did not conquer the land with their swords;

  it was not their own strong arm that gave them victory.

It was by Your mighty power

  that they succeeded;

 it was because You favored them

  & smiled on them.


4 You are my King and my God.

  You command victories for Israel.

5 Only by your power can we push back our enemies;

  only in your name can we trample our foes.

6 I do not trust in my bow;

  I do not count on my sword to save me.

7 You are the one who gives us victory over our enemies;

  you disgrace those who hate us.

8 O God, we give glory to you all day long

  and constantly praise your name.

No comments: