Monday, September 30, 2013

say what?

Psalm 40:17a I am poor & needy, but the Lord is thinking about me right now.


I remember reading this verse for the 1st time 10 yrs ago.

The NLT (1st edition) is the only translates it exactly that way.

When I read it that morning in early 2003, it literally hurtled up at me off the page.

Why?

Because I was presented with the inescapable thought that the God of the universes was thinking about me at that very moment.

That our omnipotent, omniscient, holy, all-living God, who keeps the universes in sync, looks after gajillions of persons in his creation & knows about all their "stuff", is also thinking about me.

Iow, He knows about me.

He knows what I'm going through at that very moment.

And in the center of that inexplicable immense mind, He's thinking about me.

Yeah, those last 8 words in that section of the verse rocked my world, and changed my life.

 I knew I was never alone again bc the God of the universes is thinking about me right now - like right now, this morning, at 4:32 a.m., wherever He is, whatever He's doing, part of that is that He's thinking about me.


And He's thinking about you...

No comments: