Wednesday, February 5, 2014

and here's what the BIble said then...

Last night, I wrote this in my FB status,

"what do you do when you feel you're being drawn inexorably into something far scarier, far more demanding, & inexplicably impossible?

"please give examples of what it was you were facing & how you dealt with it."



Here's what came up off the page this morning. Just a coincidence, or is God trying to tell me something?

You tell me...


I wanna know what you think...



Isaiah 43:1 But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you.

  O Israel, the one who formed you says,

"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.

  I have called you by name; you are mine.


2 When you go through deep waters,

  I will be with you.

When you go through rivers of difficulty,

  you will not drown.

When you walk through the fire of oppression,

  you will not be burned up;

  the flames will not consume you.


3 For I am the LORD, your God,

  the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;

  I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place.


4 Others were given in exchange for you.

  I traded their lives for yours

because you are precious to me.

  You are honored, and I love you.



5a "Do not be afraid, for I am with you.


********

2 Timothy 1

7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear & timidity,

     but of power,

     love,

     & self-discipline.


vs 13b ...remember to live in the faith & love that you have in Christ Jesus.

14 With the help of the Holy Spirit who lives within you,

      carefully guard what has been entrusted to you.

No comments: