Sunday, December 11, 2016

flashback

I wrote this in my blog on February 26, 2007 – 9 years ago.


It was at the beginning of a period that was pretty difficult for me.


Those of you who knew me well at that time probably remember why it was so difficult.


For some reason I made a copy of it & have carried it in my Bible ever since.


The underlining is from back then, not now.


Here's a flashback...



2.27.07


Hebrews 6:

10 For God is not unjust.

He will not forget how hard you have worked for Him

and how you have shown your love to Him by caring for other believers,

as you still do.

11 Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts,

in order to make certain that wha you hope for will come true.



My Life Application Bible has these thought in the foot notes...



It's easy to get discouraged, thinking that God has forgotten us.

But God is never unjust.

He never forgets or overlooks our hard work for Him.

Presently you may not be receiving rewards or acclaim,

but God knows your efforts of love & ministry.

Let God's love for you & His intimate knowledge of your service for Him bolster you as you face disappointment & rejection here on earth.”

No comments: