Sunday, December 18, 2016

I've said it once thatn once, I'm saying it again...

Luke 10

25 One day an expert in religious law stood up to test Jesus by asking him this question:

"Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?"
  26 Jesus replied, "What does the law of Moses say? How do you read it?"
  27 The man answered,

"'You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.'

And, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"*
  28 "Right!" Jesus told him. "Do this and you will live!"



Once again, Jesus highlights the simplicity living as God would have us live.

It's all summed up in 4 words...

Love God.

Love others.


I've talked about this before, many times, over the almost 14 years I've been writing this blog.

I don't think we're any closer to seeing that thinking implemented in our fellow Christians.

We're known for a lot of things these days, most of which aren't good.

We somewhere lost the moniker of “people who love” to “People who ________”

You fill in the blank.

But the word most non-Christians would NOT put in that blank is the word, love.


I hope I live long enough to see that pendulum sling back to the point we are wonce again known as “people who love”.

Who love God.

Who love others.

No comments: