Thursday, March 9, 2017

many versions

It's interesting that no matter how it's translated or paraphrased, this verse turns out pretty much the same.

That's unusual.

I got these different versions from BibleGateway.com

They have a lot more different translations & paraphrases than what I've shared here.

Just go to the website, type in Isaiah 41:10 – or any verse for that matter.

It will show you whichever version you designated in the search.

Go down a little further & there's a link that says click here if you like to see all English translations of this verse.

That will lead you to a bunch of different versions.


Btw, this is the lead verse that I feel like God gave me to hold on to during this year. There are 2 other verses & a whole psalm.

I hope it speaks to you as much as it daily speaks to me.



Isaiah 41:10

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (NLT)


Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you;
do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. (Amplified)


Don’t worry—I am with you. Don’t be afraid—I am your God. I will make you strong and help you. I will support you with my right hand that brings victory. (ERV)


fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (ESV)


Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. (The Message)


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (NIV)


So don’t be afraid. I am here, with you; don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, help you. I am here with My right hand to make right and to hold you up. (The Voice)

No comments: