Saturday, December 30, 2017

He is who He says He is

Jesus told (Martha, Lazarus' sister), 

"I am the resurrection and the life. 

Those who believe in me, 

even though they die like everyone else, 

will live again. 

They are given eternal life for believing in me 

& will never perish. 

John 11:25-26a (NLT 1st ed.)


Jesus made a simple statement, confirming life after death.

Jesus either was who He claimed to be & spoke with authority from that identity...

Or He was a mad man.

I choose to believe He is the Son of God.

I'm sorry, for you, if that doesn't fit into your narrative.


I've lived too long & see too much.

No matter what anyone says, 

or whatever new enlightenment anyone thinks they may have received, 

faith in Jesus is the only thing that really makes any sense, at all.


I've heard an awful lot of thoughts & arguments to the contrary all of my adult life...

some of them aren't very original...

but in the end, these contrary thoughts & arguments all take as much or more faith than simply believing what I believe is the truth...

Jesus is the Son of God, & believing in Him is the manner in which God provided a way of connection with Himself.


I'm not trying to be a hard tail.

It's simply what I've come to believe as I've watched life unfold.

He is who He says He is.

No comments: