Sunday, December 3, 2017

so...

As I stumbled across the house to the "holy room" (lol!) where I read "& be holy" (LOL!!!)each early morning, I kinda thought to myself, or maybe kinda said to God, how nice it would be to have some answers.

For the last 7+ years, I've been pretty clueless about my/our life up here in Blairsville. I still am, but here's what stood out on the pages today in the places I was supposed to read today.

A mere coincidence that I read these places today?

No.

This has happened to me too many times over the past almost 14 years.


RTBEDWF



Luke 8 16 "No one lights a lamp and then covers it with a bowl or hides it under a bed. 

A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light can be seen by all who enter the house.

17 For everything that is hidden or secret will eventually be brought out to the light & made plain to all. 

18 "So pay attention to how you hear. 

To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. 

But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them."

Every time I've ever read this passage, or heard it in a sermon, I've always thought verse 17 implied that all my secret sins & dark places would be exposed one day.

And they probably will be!

But this morning as I read it, the thought dropped into my head that maybe this verse also could me that one day (probably in heaven) many of the things in our lives that we didn't understand, or the times we were so clueless, will all be explained?


Here's the other verses that stood out this morning...



Don't be afraid. Just trust me. Luke 8:50b

Jesus said this to Jairus right after Jairus' servants had told him his daughter had died.

Maybe that dead thing in our life Jesus wants us to trust Him to resurrect?


Give all your worries & cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you. 1 Peter 5:7


Care for the flock of God entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly - not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. 1 Peter 5:2

That "eager to serve God" part kicked my butt this morning.


So humble yourself under the mighty power of God, & in His good time He will honor you. 1 Peter 5:6


After you have suffered a little while, (God) will restore, support, & strengthen you, & He will place you on a firm foundation. 1 Peter 5:10b


...the grace of God is with you no matter what happens. 1 Peter 5:12c

"no matter what happens" are 4 words that God has poked me in the eye with for the last 7+ years. Those 4 words are part of the verse He used that started our odyssey of moving to & living in Blairsville.



So there you have it. 

I'm still clueless, but I feel like God poked me with these verses.

Maybe He was just saying He's still in charge?

Maybe He was saying He knows where I am?

I don't know...

One day, all that is secret or hidden will be revealed?


I do know one thing - if I didn't read the Bible every day without fail (RTBEDWF), I probably wouldn't have read this this morning.

Just sayin'...

No comments: