Friday, February 23, 2018

worthy

2 Thessalonians 1:11

And so we keep on praying for you, that our God will make you worthy of the life to which He called you. (NLT 1st ed.)


We are constantly praying for you for this: that our God will make you worthy of his calling and accomplish every good desire and faithful work by his power. (CEB)


To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, (ESV)


Because we know that this extraordinary day is just ahead, we pray for you all the time—pray that our God will make you fit for what he’s called you to be, pray that he’ll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something. If your life honors the name of Jesus, he will honor you. Grace is behind and through all of this, our God giving himself freely, the Master, Jesus Christ, giving himself freely. (The Message)


All this is why we are constantly praying for you, so God will make you worthy of the great calling you have received from Him and will give you the power to accomplish every good intention and work of faith. (The Voice)

* * * * * * * * *


I remember reading 2 Thessalonians 1:11 about 10 years ago.

How many times had I read it before then?

I don't know.

I do remember that I wasn't feeling all that capable of being & doing what it would seem I was thrust into being & doing.

And I do know that when I read it in my regular sequential daily Bible reading (RTBEDWF), these words were like a thunderclap...



"...our God will make you worthy of the life to which He called you."



I know how Paul actually phrased it in his second letter to the followers of jesus in Thessalonica.

But God used those 14 words to give me the courage to keep on.

And I moved into a year & a half of the most halcyon days of my life in Him.



Maybe those 14 words will give me the courage to keep on now.

Maybe those 14 words will give you the courage to keep on?

No comments: