Thursday, March 15, 2018

Psalms

Psalm 150

1 Praise the LORD!

Praise God in his sanctuary;


  praise him in his mighty heaven!


2 Praise him for his mighty works;


  praise his unequaled greatness!


3 Praise him with a blast of the ram's horn;


  praise him with the lyre and harp!


4 Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;


  praise him with strings and flutes!


5 Praise him with a clash of cymbals;


  praise him with loud clanging cymbals.


6 Let everything that breathes sing praises to the LORD!

Praise the LORD!




Today I just finished sequentially reading through the Psalms again.

It was in January, 2003 that I started reading the Bible every day without fail (RTBEDWF).

Each day since then I sequentially have read a psalm each day.

I read somewhere that Billy Graham read a psalm every day.

I figured if it was good enough for Billy, it was good enough for me ;-)


I just multiplied 365 days times 15 years divided by 150 psalms.

So, roughly, I've read through the Psalms at least 36 times.


Now, I'm not bragging.

I said all that to say this - Psalms is an incredibly rich book.

Every time I read through it I get something else.

It also speaks to me in different ways as the years roll by.

I sometimes date a verse or passage, & definitely underline.

And each time I read through Psalms I'm reminded about what was going on in my life when I dated that verse.

Please, do yourself an enormous favor & read a psalm every day.

Most of them are fairly short, although #119 is killer long ;-)

Do it - you will never, EVER regret allowing God to speak to you through this incredible book.

No comments: