Tuesday, March 13, 2018

XXIII

This psalm is good to read anytime, not just at funerals...


Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd;


  I have all that I need.


2 He lets me rest in green meadows;


  he leads me beside peaceful streams.


3   He renews my strength.


He guides me along right paths,


  bringing honor to his name.


4 Even when I walk


  through the darkest valley,

I will not be afraid,


  for you are close beside me.


Your rod and your staff


  protect and comfort me.


5 You prepare a feast for me


  in the presence of my enemies.


You honor me by anointing my head with oil.


  My cup overflows with blessings.


6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me


  all the days of my life,


and I will live in the house of the LORD


  forever.

No comments: