Wednesday, December 19, 2018

the obverse

I am giving you a new commandment:

Love each other.

Just as I have love you,

you should love each other.

Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.

John 13:34-35



This is Jesus speaking here on the night before He was killed.


He said, "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."


So then, it would follow that "your LACK of love will prove to the world that you are NOT my disciples"?


Christians are known for a lot of things these days, but they are NOT known as loving people in the eyes of the rest of the world.

We used to be considered primarily a loving people...

...that is, before we went whoring for power, political position, & self-righteous white supremacy.

No comments: