Friday, May 3, 2019

remember the truth

He comforts us in all our troubles

so that we can comfort others.

When others are troubled

we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

You can be sure that the more we suffer for Christ,

the more God will shower us with His comfort through Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:4-5 (NLT, 1st ed.)



Paul wrote this to the followers of Jesus in Corinth & southern Greece.

A few weeks after I started working in 1973 at Central UMC in Fitzgerald, GA as their music & youth director, I discovered these 2 verses.

I typed them up & taped them to the back of my office door.

And that piece of paper was taped to the back of my office door in every church I served after that:  

   Trinity UMC, Waycross, Ga as Director of Music; 

   First UMC, Warner Robins, GA as Director of Music; 

   Andrew UMC, Kathleen, GA as Director of Music; 

   Christ Chapel Sportstowne, Macon, GA as Minister of Miscellaneous & pastor in & of House of Grace, their 20something ministry.

I tried to remember the truth it contains.

And still do...

No comments: