Wednesday, October 30, 2019

just ask

This morning I read in Psalms (always), Luke, & James.

This is what stood out through all that reading.

Sometimes something stands out that is really earth shattering.

Here lately I haven't had much shattering of the earth.

It's just been solid stuff.

And my comments may seem a bit blunted these days, but that's probably because I am pretty blunted these days.

Sorry - my life is what it is now.

Particularly verse 5 really kicks wide open a door we all deal with - wanting to know what God wants us to be or do.



If you need wisdom -

if you want to know what God wants you to do -

ask Him,

& He will gladly tell you.

He will not resent your asking.

But...

when you ask,

be sure that you really expect Him to answer,

for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea

that is driven & tossed by the wind.

James 1:5-6 (NLT, 1st ed.)

No comments: