Friday, November 1, 2019

daily psalm

Psalm 150

Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heaven!
Praise him for his mighty works;
    praise his unequaled greatness!
Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn;
    praise him with the lyre and harp!
Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;
    praise him with strings and flutes!
Praise him with a clash of cymbals;
    praise him with loud clanging cymbals.
Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!
Praise the Lord!


There! I finished another reading through Psalms!

I've been reading the Bible every day without fail since January of 2003.

I've been reading a psalm each day, sequentially, since then.

I read somewhere right before 2003 that Billy Graham read a psalm every day.

I figured if it was good enough for Billy, it was good enough for me!

There's 150 psalms.

So that means I easily read through Psalms twice a year.

So, I've read through Psalms at least 32 times?

365 days x 16 years is 5840 days.

Divide 150 psalms into 5840 days = 38.9 times

So over the last 16 years I've probably read through Psalms somewhere between 32 & 39 times.

That book in my Bible has LOTS of underlining & lots of dates in it.

Underlining for when something stands out.

Dates for when something spoke to me on a certain day & year.

SO MANY TIMES God speaks to me through Psalms in regards to something going on in my heart & life at the time.

SO MANY TIMES the succor I needed I got from a psalm I read that day.

Coincidence?

I suppose many would say that.

But those "coincidences" have happened SO OFTEN over the last 16 years that I somehow get the feeling there's more to it than just coincidence.

I have to believe it has to be God speaking to me.


Why do I tell you all this?

My life would be SO poorer if I didn't read a psalm every day.

SO MANY TIMES in the last 16 years I wouldn't have received the word I needed or the comfort I craved if I hadn't be reading in Psalms along & along.


Read the Bible every day without fail.

RTBEDWF

Please...

You won't regret it...

No comments: