Thursday, November 28, 2019

our job

John 13

34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: 

Love each other. 

Just as I have loved you, 

you should love each other. 

35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”



This is Jesus talking here, on the night before He was killed.

I'm sure He was trying to jam as much truth in those last few hours with His disciples.

I doubt then that He was mincing words.

He was cutting to the chase on a lot of things.


So, there's our job, as far as Jesus is concerned.

Love each other like I have love you.

I think we've more than kinda blown that mandate.

I don't think loving would be the first word that would pop into the minds of people when describing Christians.


But there you are - that's Jesus' bottom line - love each other, like I love you.

Just sayin'...

No comments: