Sunday, December 29, 2019

Lynn

I think I've had a perspective change as I've been dealing with the ongoing love & care of my wife Lynn & her bout with Alzheimer's.

My job, my ministry focus, my calling right now is to take care of her. Everything, & everybody, is secondary.

Our life together is the focus - it is what it is.

I don't know if I'll survive the task, but that isn't the issue, is it.

The things God calls us to are not things for which we have any guarantee of success, or of survival.

We are just mandated to obey.

At the beginning of the new year I'll be sharing the verses I feel God has given me for 2020.

I reminded myself right now of the verses I've held on to with a death grip for this past year of 2019.

These held me together this year.

I will keep on as long as I can.

That is the depth of my love & care for Lynn.



Don't be afraid or discouraged,

for the Lord is the One who goes before you.

He will be with you.

He will neither fail you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NLT, 1st ed.)



Don't throw away this confident trust in the Lord,

no matter what happens.

Remember the great reward it brings you!

Patient endurance is what you need now,

so you will continue to do God's will.

Then you will receive all that He has promised.

Hebrews 10:35-36 (NLT, 1st ed.)



So take a new grip with your tired hands

& stand firm on your shakey legs.

Mark out a straight path for your feet 

so that those who are weak & lame will not fall

but become strong.

Hebrews 12:12-13 (NLT, 1st ed.)



You chart the path ahead for me

& tell me where to stop & rest.

Every moment you know where I am.

Psalm 139:3 (NLT, 1st ed.)

No comments: