Tuesday, June 8, 2021

1039

 If you cling to your life,

you will lose it;

but if you give it up for me,

you will find it.

Matthew 10:39 (NLT, 1st ed.)


This verses is one the Lord has poked me with since 2008.

That year it was one of the "verses to hold on to" for that year.

I remember when I realized it was one of the verses for the upcoming year I had a very spiritual thought - "oh, crap!"

😁

I saw only the giving up part - letting go of my life.

I didn't see the getting part - finding life.

That year saw me struggling with whether to move the 20something ministry from the building where the mother church was to a warehouse in downtown Macon.

All year long God whispered, "don't cling to your life."

Long story short, I didn't cling to what had been, moved the ministry, I had the most halcyon days of my life in that warehouse with those 20somethings.

In the years since, that verse has been one of the verses for the year - 2009, 2018, & 2020

And since 2008, every time I read Matthew 10, which is about every 30 months - 1 chapter a day, Matthew 28 chapters, Mark 16, Luke 24, John 21 - God pokes me with it.

Don't cling to your life...

if you don't cling to your concept of what your life should be & trust Him with it, He will give you the life He conceived for you.

Thank about that...

No comments: