Tuesday, June 1, 2021

13:7

Sometimes during some seasons of our lives Jesus says in essence the same thing to us that He said to Peter?

FYI - Jesus spoke these words to Peter when Jesus was washing Peter's feet during the Last Supper, the night before Jesus was killed.

I feel like Jesus spoke these words to me last summer, 2020, when I was asking some questions about my life.

BTW, all the English translations at Bible Gateway were almost identical.


 John 13:7

Jesus replied (to Peter), “You don’t understand now what I am doing, but someday you will. (NLT)

Jesus answered him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.” (ESV)

“You do not realize now what I am doing,” replied Jesus, “but later on you will understand.” (J B Phillips)

Jesus answered, “You don’t understand now what I’m doing, but it will be clear enough to you later.” (The Message)

Jesus replied, “You don’t understand yet the meaning of what I’m doing, but soon it will be clear to you.” (TPT)

No comments: