Thursday, September 25, 2008

be strong

1 Corinthians 16:13-14

(NLT) Be on guard. Stand true to what you believe. Be courageous. Be strong. And everything you do must be done in love.

(The Message) Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you've got, be resolute, and love without stopping.

(NIV) Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

(NKJV) Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love.

(Amplified) Be alert and on your guard; stand firm in your faith (your conviction respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, keeping the trust and holy fervor born of faith and a part of it). Act like men and be courageous; grow in strength!
Let everything you do be done in love (true love to God and man as inspired by God's love for us)


When I sat down this morning to read, I really needed to hear something from our Abba. I know better than try to preconceive what it will be, because lots of the time what I think I need to hear & what I hear end up being 2 different things.

These 2 verses were the only thing that stood out in the 2 chapters I was scheduled to read today - one in Psalm 45, the other in 1 Corinthians 16.

I needed to hear this from Him this morning.

(Why did I EVER wait till I was 52 to start getting up early every morning & spending it with Him?! I was an idiot!)

No comments: