Friday, September 19, 2008

a way out

1 Corinthians 10: 13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

What an incredible verse!

"The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience."

Iow, there's nothing I'm faced with, that I deal with, that I'm tempted by, that peculiar to me - everyone else faces it too.

"He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand."

Iow, I can never say that a temptation overwhelmed me, I couldn't help myself, or that there wasn't anything I could do - it was too much for me.

"When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure."

Iow, there's a way out for me in every situation - always - always, always.

Has anyone else gotten the magnitude of this one verse for all of us who struggle with temptation - for any of us who struggle with addiction, habit, or whatever?!

We don't have to be defeated, we have a way out, we can triumph over the stuff that makes us sin.

Holy cow!

No comments: