Saturday, October 3, 2009

coming through

Psalm 52:8 But I am like an olive tree, thriving in the house of God.
I will always trust in God's unfailing love.

Hebrews 6: 10 For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for Him and how you have shown your love to Him by caring for other believers, as you still do.11 Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true.


Ya know, getting up & reading each morning, I'm amazed at the timing of God.

I know what I've gotten myself into with all the stuff that's happening with our ministry in The Warehouse in downtown Macon. It's all a bit daunting, sometimes.
We moved House of Grace there in January. It's flourishing.
We've just had a very good kickoff last Sunday for Christ Chapel Downtown's Sunday Morning Gathering.
We're still waiting for a sealed up room so we can initiate Open Doors during the week when we open The Warehouse to the community.
And there's a whole lot more we've seen we're to be & do besides all that.

I've been feeling "tired" lately. That usually means I'm worrying & trying to do this downtown thing in my own strength.

For weeks, in my morning reading, God has been loading me up with verses that basically remind me that God's the One who's doing this downtown thing; He's the One who's making it happen - not me.

This does not mean that we sit with our hands folded on the Bryan Nichols Memorial Deck & wait for people to flock to The Warehouse. What I feel it does mean is that we do what we feel Him leading us to do in preparations for things & connecting with people, but He's the One who's orchestrating the results.

So this morning I get up after a night of fretful sleep. I sat down here at my laptop (thank you, Christ Chapel & Bryan) & just said to God, "I need you to speak to me about this stuff."

Here's what I got...
1) God is not unjust.
2) He will not forget how hard you have worked for Him
how you have shown your love to Him by caring for other believers, as you still do.
3) Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts,
4) in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true

So, here's what I feel God said to my spirit through those verses...

God's not unjust - I know that. But it's good to be reminded of it.

He hasn't forgotten all that we've done so far downtown.

We're to "keep on moving in the direction we are going." (That's what the panic button on GPS's usually say when people get worried they haven't heard directions from their GPS's in a while.)

And by just continuing on in what He leads us to be & do, what we're hoping for, seeing & dreaming for downtown will happen.

My heart & spirit are quieter now. I don't feel that burden of feeling tired anymore.

God came through with the right thing to say, again.

Coincidence? (as the devil whispered to me as soon as I read it)

Nope. It's happened too many times.

No comments: