Thursday, October 8, 2009

faith & faithfulness

Psalm 57:1b I will hide beneath the shadow of Your wings
until this violent storm passes by.


Sometimes, when I underline a verse, I will put a date beside it, to help me remember when God made that verse rise up off the page.

Every time I read this verse & see the date next to it, I remember the faithfulness of God. That date was a dark time in my life, a time when I had quit wanting to come to work, a time when I felt like such a failure.

The violent storm passed by.

I was safe under His wings.

I still am.

He's faithful.

********

Hebrews 11:8 It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going.9 And even when he reached the land God promised him, he lived there by faith—for he was like a foreigner, living in tents. And so did Isaac and Jacob, who inherited the same promise.10 Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God.

(You gotta read all of chapter 11 - it's a GREAT chapter about faith & the faith of people in the Bible, & some who are not.)

I wish I knew when I underlined this section & noted the info in the footnote. It would be interesting to know. It's been a while, I think.

The part I underlined in the footnote in my Life Application Bible says this: Do not be surprised if God asks you to give up secure, familiar surroundings in order to carry out His will.

Interesting that I underlined that a few years ago, since I'm now downtown.

Ya know, ya just never know how the road's gonna twist & turn in life. We serve a kind & loving God who is VERY creative.

;-)

No comments: