Tuesday, April 13, 2010

right word, right time

Isaiah 41:9b For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. 10 Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you.
I will help you.
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

Today, in the sequence of my Bible reading, I was supposed to read Isaiah 41.

It was the 1st of the 3 books in the Bible I read from this a.m. - Isaiah 41, Psalms 58 (me & Billy Graham!), & Matthew 27.

Isaiah 41 was the first book I read from.

In the whole chapter, the only thing underlined were these 2 verses.

It was like they came quietly hurtling up off the page.

It was exactly what I needed to read this morning.

(How did I manage life before January, 2003, when I started reading the Bible every morning?)

No comments: