Tuesday, April 5, 2011

some more verses

Ya know, I was an idiot to not read the Bible EVERY day! I'm SO glad & thankful that God started waking me up early in the mornings back in January of 2003. My life has never been the same.

But I wanna caution you - if you start doing this too, GOD WILL MESS WITH YOU!!!

Psalm 50:7c I am God, your God!
8 I have no complaint about your sacrifices
  or the burnt offerings you constantly offer.
9 But I do not need the bulls from your barns
  or the goats from your pens.
10 For all the animals of the forest are mine,
  and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know every bird on the mountains,
  and all the animals of the field are mine.
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
  for all the world is mine and everything in it.
13 Do I eat the meat of bulls?
  Do I drink the blood of goats?
14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
  and keep the vows you made to the Most High.
15 Trust Me in your times of trouble,
  and I will rescue you,
  and you will give Me glory."

vs 23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.
  If you keep to my path,
  I will reveal to you the salvation of God."

How often do we think we have to "give up everything" to please God. If we're thankful, everything else, every sacrifice & every blessing will come out of that.


John 8:12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

vs 31 Jesus said to the people who believed in him, "You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. 32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

vs 36 So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.

Anybody out there not free? Jesus says here He can free you. I know - He set me free from all kinds of stuff. Wanna know what? Just ask ;-)

No comments: