Wednesday, April 20, 2011

who keeps us

Peter quoted verses 8-11 in his BIG speech on Pentecost...

Psalm 16:1 Keep me safe, O God,
  for I have come to you for refuge.

2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Master!
  Every good thing I have comes from you."
3 The godly people in the land
  are my true heroes!
  I take pleasure in them!
4 Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods.
  I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood
  or even speak the names of their gods.

5 LORD, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
  You guard all that is mine.
6 The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
  What a wonderful inheritance!

7 I will bless the LORD who guides me;
  even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I know the LORD is always with me.
  I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

9 No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
  My body rests in safety.
10 For you will not leave my soul among the dead
  or allow your holy one* to rot in the grave.
11 You will show me the way of life,
  granting me the joy of your presence
  and the pleasures of living with you forever.

No comments: