Wednesday, May 9, 2012

some selected verses

Psalm 86


1 Bend down, O LORD, and hear my prayer;

  answer me, for I need your help.

2 Protect me, for I am devoted to you.

  Save me, for I serve you and trust you.

  You are my God.

3 Be merciful to me, O Lord,

  for I am calling on you constantly.

4 Give me happiness, O Lord,

  for I give myself to you.

5 O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,

  so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.

6 Listen closely to my prayer, O LORD;

  hear my urgent cry.

7 I will call to you whenever I'm in trouble,

  and you will answer me.


9 All the nations you made

  will come and bow before you, Lord;

  they will praise your holy name.

10 For you are great and perform wonderful deeds.

  You alone are God.


11 Teach me your ways, O LORD,

  that I may live according to your truth!

Grant me purity of heart,

  so that I may honor you.

12 With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God.

  I will give glory to your name forever,

13 for your love for me is very great.

  You have rescued me from the depths of death.


15 You, O Lord,

  are a God of compassion and mercy,

slow to get angry

  and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.

16 Look down and have mercy on me.

  Give your strength to your servant;

  save me, the son of your servant.

17 Send me a sign of your favor.

No comments: