Tuesday, May 8, 2012

thrown away

Isaiah 41:9b I have chosen you & will not throw you away.

Do any of us ever feel thrown away by God? Do we ever feel like there's nothing going on in our life, that no matter how we search, beg, listen, or seek,there's just nothing happening?

Someone very wise once told me that if I could figure out what was going on in my life, don't trust so much what I feel is going on - trust what I know about God through experience & what I read in the Bible about His identity.

God says very plainly here that He will not throw us away.


Isaiah 41:10a Don't be afraid, for I am with you.


     When Moses had his encounter with God at the burning bush, Moses came up with all kinds of reasons why he, Moses, couldn't face Pharaoh (Moses was his adopted brother) & lead the children of Israel our of Egypt.
     All God said to Moses was, "I will be with you."
     God basically says there that Moses should chill & not worry about what might or might not happen when he returned to Egypt. God was with him - that was enough.
     And God says the same thing here to us - "chill... I'm with you."
     (Iow, the God of the universes is with us & in us, paying attention to us.)


Isaiah 41:10b Do not be dismayed, for I am you God.

     I will strengthen you.

     I will help you.

     I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.


     No where in any of the rest of the verse does God say maybe. He says 3 times "I will."

     If you know anything about grammar, the normal word used in the 1st person singular future tense of AM is "I shall."

     But "I will" is correct to - if it is used to should considerably more force.

     So, God forcefully says "I will" here, showing the definiteness & force behind what He's saying.


This is one of the passages God gave me in early 2010 for this present season I'm in.

I have a death grip on it.

There have been days when it's kept me from going crazy (or crazier!).


You can hold on to it too.

No comments: