Saturday, November 17, 2012

verse for 2013

Psalm 32:8 The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you & watch over you.


I think this may be one of the verses God's given me for 2013.

At the end of 2002, my friend & little brother, Andy King, told us that he'd asked God for a verse to hold on to for 2003. God has done so. I thought it was a kool idea & something that might be important.

So I asked.

Some years, it's be one verse. Some years it's been 4. ALL OF THEM have been VERY appropriate for what I faced during that year.

Interesting, isn't it?

There have been & are times when the verses He's given me were (& are) the only thing I had to hold on to.

Other times they were tangible reminders of His love & care.

How do I find these verses?

Well, they find me...

God knows I really want & need something from Him to hold on to, so I just keep my heart open. Usually sometimes toward the end of the year, He'll kinda poke me when I'm reading something, or simply put a thought in my head that a certain verse or verses are for me.

It's really kinda miraculous, come to think of it.

I read this verse on Saturday, September 15 of this year, & wrote it in my journal, just as a verse to remember,one that came up off the page that morning.

I've returned to it every few days, just as a verse to kinda hold on to these days.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I kinda got this thought that maybe it's for 2013. This thought came to me kinda randomly - iow, I wasn't thinking about verses for next year.

So I've kept my heart open,& I haven't gotten any kind of feeling that it is NOT for 2013.

So, we'll see...

Think about asking God for a verse,or verses for 2013. He'll prolly mess with ya, but then, God loves us too much to leave us as we are ;-)

No comments: