Tuesday, March 19, 2013

keep moving

Psalm 31:24 be strong & take courage, all you who put your hope in the Lord!



"be strong & take courage"

I'm reading this a lot lately.

I just finished reading Joshua & now I'm in Judges. God says that to Joshua & Israel a lot, & Joshua & the Judges said that a lot to Israel, too.

Is it a  stretch to think that what they are also saying is "don't be weak or give into your fears"?

It's one thing to be strong & courageous.

It's another to not be weak & fearful.

I'm feeling weak these days. There's a lot of things that scare me that lie up ahead.

But I can't give in to weakness or fear - I don't have any choice.

I have to move forward. Standing still, being weak, & focusing on being afraid is not something I can retain on my list of things to be & do right now.

Yes, I know God sends us His strength through the Holy Spirit.

And yes, I know that God hasn't given us a spirit of fear - that comes from the devil.

Sometimes it just feels like we simply have to choose to not be weak, not be afraid, & just put one foot in front of the other, until finally we have walked out of a place, a situation, or a season.

That's where I'm at these days.

Maybe you, too?

No comments: