Wednesday, February 18, 2015

worry 3.0

So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have it's own worries.

     Today's trouble is enough for today.

Matthew 6:34



For the last couple of days I've been snagged on Matthew 6:25-34 - it's the section about "the lilies of the field & the birds of the air" thing...

     it's where Jesus addresses worry by starting off in saying, "...don't worry about your life."


And we all know I'm a worrier.


And we all know is basically a lack of trust.


Well, yesterday something happened that kicked my butt.


I've had a situation lately that's really worried me. I've speak a lot of time fretting over it, fantasizing in the negative (iow, thinking of all the most terrible things that could happen), & just being way too focused on it.


Btw, ny wife, Lynn, who I believe possesses the spiritual gift of faith, was taking it one day at a time & waiting for God to take care of it.


Well, the long & the short of it is that yesterday I had one conversation about this situation with someone & as a result, everything has fallen into place.


Yeah, I feel stupid, again.


Yeah, God seems to have worked all things out without me.


How many times does He have to do this before I trust Him completely?


(Don't answer that question!)

No comments: