Monday, June 22, 2015

holding on

Some days, when nothing particularly stands out on the pages of the chapters I read, I reread these passages - passages I feellike God has given me to hold on to during 2015.

Maybe one or some or all will be something you can hold on to in your situation...




Don't worry about anything;

     instead, pray about everything.

Tell God what you need,

      and thank him for all he has done.

7 Then you will experience God's peace,

     which exceeds anything we can understand.

His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7



You will keep on guiding me with your counsel,

  leading me to a glorious destiny.

Whom have I in heaven but you?

  I desire you more than anything on earth.

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,

  but God remains the strength of my heart;

  he is mine forever.

Psalm 73:24-26



No matter what happens,

      always be thankful,

for this is God's will for those who follow Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:18



For God is not unjust.

He will not forget how hard you have worked for him

     and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers,

     as you still do.

Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts,

     in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true.

Hebrews 6:10-11



With God's help, we will do mighty things,

     for He will trample down our foes.

Psalm 108:13



And when you are old, I will still be there,

     carrying you.

When your limbs are grow tired,
 
     your eyes are weak,

     & your hair is silvery gray,

     I will carry you

     as I always have.

     I will carry you & save you.

Isaiah 46:4 (The Voice)

No comments: