Sunday, June 21, 2015

Psalm 119

Psalm 119 is the longest psalm, containing 176 verses.

This psalm is chock full of all kinds of good stuff.

Here's just some of it...



Psalm 119

2 Happy are those who obey (the Lord's) decrees & search for Him with all their hearts.


5 Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect Your principles!


8a Please don't give up on me!


11 I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You.


29a Keep me from lying to myself...


30 I have chosen to be faithful;

     I have determined to live by Your laws.

31 I cling to your degrees.

     don't let me be put to shame!

32 If You will help me, I will run to follow Your commands


33 Teach me, O Lord, to follow every one of Your principles.


37 Turn my eyes from worthless things;

     & give me life through Your word.


39 Help me to abandon my shameful ways;

     Your laws are all I want in life.


64 O lord, the earth is full of Your unfailing love;

     teach me Your principles.


65 You have done many good things for me, Lord,

     just as You promised.

66 I believe in Your commands'

     now teach me good judgement & knowledge.


71 The suffering you sent me was good for me,

     for it taught me  to pay attention to Your principles.


73 You made me; You created me.

     Now give me the sense to follow Your commands.


75 I know, O Lord, Your decisions are fair;

     You disciplined me because I needed it.


83 I am shriveled like a wineskin in the smoke, exhausted from waiting.


86a All Your commands are trustworthy.


91 Your laws remain true today,

     for everything serves Your plans.


105 Your word is a lamp for my feet & a light for my path.


107 I have suffered much, O Lord;

     restore my life again, just as you promised.


109 My life constantly hangs in the balance;

     but I will not stop obeying You.


114 You are my refuge & my shield;

     Your word is my only source of hope.


116 Lord, sustain me as You promised, that I may live!

     Do not let my hope be crushed.


135 Guide my steps by Your word;

     so i will not be overcome by evil.


145 I pray with all my heart;

     answer me, Lord!

146 I cry out to You;

     save me, that I may obey Your decrees.

147 I rise early, before the sun is up;

     I cry out for help & put my hope in Your words.

148 I stay awake through the night, thinking about Your promise.


176 I have wandered away like a sheep;

     come & find me,

     for I have not forgotten Your commands.

No comments: