Saturday, June 20, 2015

who do we trust, really?

It is better to trust the Lord than put confidence in people.

It is better to trust the Lord than put confidence in princes.

Psalm 118: 8 - 9



In the last 2or 3 decades since the rise of evangelical influence in the political areas in local, state, & federal government, I've often wondered if we've put more trust in "princes" - people in high government positions - to further the Kingdom agenda,  than in the Lord, His power, & His timing.

I've wondered that perhaps we're spending more time, effort, energy, & money trying to legislate than evangelize.

I wonder sometimes if we spent more of that time, effort, energy, & money on bringing people to know about Jesus & connecting with Him, that maybe a lot of this things we feel duty bound to legislate would take care of themselves.

It has been said by people much smarter than me that if John & Charles Wesley had not instigated the revival they led in Great Britain the late 1700's, the revolution that would have occurred would have made the French Revolution look like a Sunday School picnic.

Just a thought...



Now, don't flame me or crank up the political rhetoric on me here.

I'll just delete those comments.

I'm not trying to curtail your right to free speech.

Just exercising my right delete it.

This blog is not a political statement, just sharing something I have wondered about for over 3 decades.

No comments: