Tuesday, January 3, 2017

this might be for you

There are 2 editions of the Translation known as the New Living Translation (NLT).

The first edition came about in 1996 – the second edition came out after the beginning of the 21st century.

Here is how the first edition translates 2 Corinthians 6:1-2 – this is Paul writing his second letter to the followers of Jesus in Corinth.

Here's the way the first edition translates it...


As God's partners, we beg you not to reject this marvelous message of God's great kindness.

For God says,

'At the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.'

Indeed, God is ready to help you right now.

Today is the day of salvation.”


I went to biblegateway.com & checked the dozens of translations they have listed there.

No one translates the part I underlined that way, including the second edition of the NLT.


But the long & short of it this morning is that I feel like someone needs to hear that today.

Don't know who, don't know why.

I could be wrong.


But I couldn't get away from those 8 words this morning.

I got this impression someone needs to read that this morning.

So, here it is, for person(s) who need to read that today...



God is ready to help you right now.”

No comments: