Sunday, November 5, 2017

19

Psalm 19

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
  The skies display his craftsmanship.
2 Day after day they continue to speak;
  night after night they make him known.
3 They speak without a sound or word;
  their voice is never heard.
4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
  and their words to all the world.

God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.
5 It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.
  It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race.
6 The sun rises at one end of the heavens
  and follows its course to the other end.
  Nothing can hide from its heat.

7 The instructions of the LORD are perfect,
  reviving the soul.
The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy,
  making wise the simple.
8 The commandments of the LORD are right,
  bringing joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are clear,
  giving insight for living.
9 Reverence for the LORD is pure,
  lasting forever.
The laws of the LORD are true;
  each one is fair.
10 They are more desirable than gold,
  even the finest gold.
They are sweeter than honey,
  even honey dripping from the comb.
11 They are a warning to your servant,
  a great reward for those who obey them.

12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
  Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
  Don't let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt
  and innocent of great sin.

14 May the words of my mouth
  and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
  O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

No comments: