Wednesday, November 15, 2017

yearly verses

"Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord is the One who goes before you. He will be with you. He will neither fail you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:8


This is Moses talking to the Jews as they entered Canaan, the Promised Land, to make it their new home.

It's also one of the verses I believe God gave me for 2017.


Each year since the end of 2002 I've asked God to give me a verse to carry with me into the new year.

Some years He's given me just 1 verse; other years He's given me more than 1.

But each year it has been uncanny how those verses have helped me many, many times as I've lived each day of that year.

Sometimes those verses helped me hold on for another day; other days they kept me from losing all hope & falling into despair.


So, I'd like to encourage you, challenge you to ask God for a verse to hold on to for 2018.

Just ask Him for one.

Then keep reading the Bible every day without fail ;-)

And trust me on this, He will give you a verse.

Just throw away your preconceived ideas.

Whatever feels like the verse He's giving you may not make any sense.

Trust me - as you walk into the year, it will become more & more obvious why you were given it.

How will you know what verse or verses are the ones?

All I can tell you is that you will know.

If you know how to listen out for God, or think you do, you'll just get a leading in your spirit.

That's how it works for me - I just get this sense in my spirit.

I quit trying to figure out why this or that verse has come my way - during the year I saw why.


Anyway, think about it - you've got 6 more weeks - ask Him - just brace yourself - ya never know what He may use to speak to you during next year.

No comments: