Tuesday, July 10, 2018

let go

If you cling to your life,

you will lose it;

but if you give up your life for me,

you will find it.

Jesus, speaking in Matthew 10:39



So much of what we have called "normal life" is disappearing.

And who knows what will replace it.

I have felt for the past few years that there is much, much more going on that we know.

This is the leading verse of the set of verses I feel God gave me to hold on to during 2018.

Maybe for this year, this verse is Jesus saying to us that we can't hold out for a "normal life".

Our world is changing so rapidly these day - our culture seems to make major shifts every 2 to 3 years.

Maybe we are to simply let go of our lives, utterly, & completely.

And we are to allow God to guide our every move as we navigate the minefield we call contemporary life.

I am not a prophet, nor am I the son of a prophet.

But I believe there is much afoot in our world.

And the only way we can survive through what is & is ahead is to let go of our lives, follow God's lead, accept the life He gives us in it.

No comments: